For the purpose of data privacy laws applicable to our Site and broader offering, including, without limitation, the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”), the data controller in regards to your Personal Data is Edge Performance.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
We use our website to connect people with our services including car remapping, DPF cleaning, turbo repairs and other automotive services.
We process your Personal Data (as defined under GDPR) in order to facilitate the making of contracts for services between the individual (also referred to herein as the “customer”) and the service provider (also referred to herein as the “contractor”).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
You may give us information about you by completing or partially completing the registration forms on our website or by corresponding with us and our clients by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our service, search for a specific service, place an order on our website, participate in reviews on our website and when you report a problem with our website. We capture information at all stages of completing the forms. If you do not wish for this to happen please do not start completing the form. The information you give us may include, without limitation, your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, home improvement requirements, home specification and information to verify your identity.
With regards to each of your visits to our website, we reserve the right to automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system.
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer with your agreement. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We will use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
Analytical and performance cookies – These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. These cookies are anonymous.
Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your previous home improvement requirements).
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 90 days.
USES MADE OF THE PERSONAL DATA
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide the services associated with our website and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other products and services we offer which are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) or by phone with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To administer our website and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
If you do not wish this to happen please do not continue to use this site.
We may disclose your Personal Data in the following ways:
Related Party Disclosures – We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Select Third Party Disclosures – We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Data with the following select third parties:
Our suppliers and subcontractors (i.e., processors) that have been engaged by Edge Performance.
These include the following companies and their subsidiary brands:
Business partners, subject to your affirmative consent, who may wish to use your data for marketing purposes.
Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following reasons:
If We are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements (including those entered into with our business partner whose brand is applied to the website from which you accessed this Policy).
For the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the website of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that We collect from you is usually stored within the European Economic Area (” EEA“). We reserve the right to transfer, store or use your data in a destination outside the European Economic Area (” EEA“). It may also be processed by personnel and/or third party suppliers engaged by Edge Performance and our clients who operate outside the EEA. By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing outside of the EEA. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us.
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information and disclaim any assurance that such information will remain free from loss, misuse or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorised access.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, all information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
Unless consented otherwise, Edge Performance will retain Personal Data only for no longer than 7 days. Our third party suppliers and contractors have the right to hold onto your details for 2 years.
Applicable privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR) give you certain rights in regards to the Personal Data We collect about you. Those rights include the following:
To request from us access to Personal Data We may hold on you;
To request the rectification of Personal Data;
To impose restrictions on, or otherwise object to, processing your Personal Data;
Right to be forgotten (i.e. deletion right)
In addition, we expressly reserve the right to delay or otherwise deny any such request that you submit to us if said request would result in a violation of applicable laws and regulations, or otherwise adversely affect any legitimate interest we seek to assert.
OPT OUT POLICY
Edge Performance takes our customers’ privacy extremely seriously if you want to opt out from marketing communications from us just simply email your name, postcode & telephone number to [email protected] your details will be removed within 3 working days.
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST POLICY
You may request details about the information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. If you would like a copy of this information you can request this by emailing us at [email protected], please include any email addresses, phone numbers you may use in order for us to find all information we hold about yourself, this may speed up the process. You can also write to us at EDGE PERFORMANCE
|246 Brook street,|
COMPLAINTS HANDLING POLICY
We are committed to providing a high-quality service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details at [email protected].uk, please include your postcode, telephone number, and email. This makes it easier to trace any information we hold. We have eight weeks to consider your complaint.
What will happen next?
- We will send you an email acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our compliance officer, who will review your file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Our compliance officer will then give you a call to discuss your complaint in more detail.
- Within three days of the telephone call, s/he will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions s/he has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a telephone call or it is not possible/he will send you a detailed email reply to your complaint, including his/her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement email.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for the complaint to be reviewed by a director.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact Ofcom to make a complaint: Ofcom, Riverside House, 2a Southwark Bridge Road, London, SE1 9HA.
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, we will notify you via email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.